It's my first official day of winter break! Too bad I did work today. Of course as usual, SSARC work never ceases. I did some e-mailing and got some reading done. I still have PLENTY of work ahead of me to do over break... most likely I'll end up procrastinating and getting it all done the weekend before winter quarter begins. Don't get me wrong, I ABSOLUTELY love my job and am fully dedicated to it... however, sometimes when I'm on a holiday break.. I wish I could just fully enjoy it without doing ANY work whatsoever. But that's not reality.. unfortunately if I want to avoid doing a halfass job, I have to be on top of my shit. That means, checking the SSARC e-mail daily, read up on grad school material, researching grad schools and grad fields, and constantly looking for ways to improve the SSARC. Right now it just sucks cuz I really need a BREAK and time to relax after such a hard quarter. But this break is crunch time for me with studying for the LSAT. It's time to work hard and play harder.
I'm super excited for the next upcoming week though with everything that's going on! My list of things to look forward to:
- Happy hour party at Sharkeez
- Medieval Times
- Thales's 1yr Birthday party
- Sundial hangout
- Sundial Christmas dinner
- Visiting the Getty/Griffiths Observatory
Wee! Excitement!
And to recap on the SSARC Social & Secret Santa Gift Exchange last Friday:
OMG I had SO SO SO SO much fun! It was the best way to celebrate the end of finals week. Kristal slept over on Thursday night, so we got to spend two days hanging out and shopping together. I absolutely love this girl to death. Friday night, we were running late to the gift exchange, and rushed over to SST 318 to find out that Dr. C and Andrew were also running late. So we pretty much rushed over for no reason. But the gift exchange part of the evening was GREAT! It was exciting to see who had who and what we all got each other. Tiffani had me, and she got me a purple scarf, which I LOVELOVELOVE, some Lindor chocolate, which is SO BAD for my diet right now, a penguin notepad, and a Starbucks giftcard! Bestest secret santa! I really love everything she gave me. (: LOVE YOU T.RAZO! Then afterwards we all headed over to Souplantation for dinner. Dinner was GREAT! I love eating in good company. I was even more excited to introduce the newbies like James and Andrew to all that is good of Souplantation. I know for sure James loved it haha. And to wrap up dinner, we had an early celebration of Steve's 22nd birthday with carrot cake. I think that was the highlight of the dinner (: After dinner, was game time at the old SSARC. But in between, Kristal and I, along with Steve, had to make a quick stop at my apartment because I forgot something. Luckily we did this though because we ALMOST forgot to return the Dvd we borrowed the night before. So on the way to school we made a stop at Albertsons to return the Julie&Julia dvd. The line was semi-long so it took us a good 20 minutes or so just to return this stupid dvd. Then when we got back to the old SSARC, we played Wii and Rockband for a good amount of time. I was having so much fun I didn't want the night to end! But since it was getting late, all of us had to get going and we had to call it a night around 10pm. :( I couldn't have asked for a better Friday night. Absolutely ADORE my wonderful co-workers! <3
¿la gran pregunta?
15 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.